YORKSHIRE ARCHAEOLOGICAL JOURNAL


Volume 50 (1978)



CONTENTS


Yorkshire Archaeological Journal, Volumes 1-50 by G.C.F. Forster

Yorkshire Archaeological Register: 1977

Air Reconnaissance In 1977 by D.N. Riley

Apron Full Of Stones, A Prehistoric Cairn, Thornton In Lonsdale, North Yorkshire by A. King

Excavations Of Barrows At Lingmoor, Near Hutton-Le-Hole, North Yorkshire by R.H. Hayes

A Grave-Group From Levisham Moor, North Yorkshire by S. Pierpont & P. Phillips

An Iron Age Enclosure On Great Ayton Moor, North Yorkshire by B.N. Tinkler & D.A. Spratt

Excavations At Lings Farm, Dunsville, Hatfield by J.R. Magilton

A Romano-British Settlement At Sandtoft, South Humberside by J. Samuels & P.C. Buckland

A Twelfth-Century Stamford Ware Pitcher From The Roman Fort, Slack, Outlane, Near Huddersfield by J.A. Gilks

York's Earliest Administrative Record: The Husgabel Roll of c.1284 by D.M. Palliser

An Excavation At Chapel Garth, Bolton, Fangfoss, Humberside by G. Coppack

Richard Clervaux Of Croft: A North Riding Squire In The Fifteenth Century by A.J. Pollard

Saxton's Apprenticeship: John Rudd, A Yorkshire Cartographer by D. Marcombe

St. Martin's Church, Allerton Mauleverer by L.A.S. Butler

Sir Charles Travis Clay [obituary]

Mr. Hartley Thwaite, JP, M Phil, FSA [obituary]